Please take a moment to learn the signs of autism, so we can all better assist these children and make a difference in their lives and in the lives of their families.
One of my favorite organizations, the Interdisciplinary Council on Developmental and Learning Disorders is honoring World Autism Awareness Day by making a number of lectures on autism by Dr. Stanley Greenspan available until 4/3/11. Topics include:
- Early signs of ASD
- Older children and adults with ASD
- Raising the ceiling
- The CDC-ICDL report
- The do's and don'ts of early intervention
- Attention, OCD and anxiety in children with ASD
- How infants and children learn,
- The DIR/Floortime approach
- Bioethical approach to aggression
- What makes an intervention works and
- Reforming education
Also, all ICDL publications will be discounted 10% for the month of April. Discount code is AA2011.
I urge you to take a peek.